OHP Update [breakin' holiday]

Preface: I translated the official statement on breakin' holiday's official website and some Twitter comments from the other members regarding the March 25th oneman cancellation and KAJI's departure.





Notice


Thank you for your continued support of breakin' holiday.

Today's March 25 performance at Shibuya REX was cancelled, and there will be no transfer performance1, but with today KAJI will leave breakin' holiday.

Thank you for your support for two years.

There will be an announcement from breakin' holiday on April 1.
Furthermore, the Juri Birthday performance on April 6 will be held as normal.

breakin' holiday and KAJI look forward to your continued support hereafter.

2020/03/25     breakin' holiday



--------------



From KAJI's Twitter (March 25, 2020):

From today, I leave breakin' holiday.
For everyone who's supported me, thank you so much.
I've finally written the reason for my departure.
I thought that although the idea is to explain my thinking, there are some people who don't want to know.
If you don't want to know, I think it's best if you don't read.

Today I leave breakin' holiday.

I am very sorry that I couldn't realise today's live which was supposed to happen. I'm sorry.


I was not able to tell everyone my reasons for leaving, so I will take this opportunity to do so.

The reason for withdrawal is the difference between the stance of the managing representative and the way some members approach music.

As a musician I'm really into music, and I wanted to move forward with management with a good sense.

Members other than me share the same thinking, and I had a different idea and although we tried to convey them with each other, they couldn't be compatible.
I understand that even though there are many things that are a concern for me, it is not so for others.

I have nothing but gratitude for all the people who have supported me so far.
Thank you.

March 25, 2020
KAJI



--------------



From Juri's Twitter (March 21, 2020):

The live on March 25 was cancelled. It was a bitter decision. I regret for all the fans as well.
Having no transfer live does not mean the end of things is in sight.
I'm sorry to everyone who opened their schedule to come today for dummer KAJI's last live as part of breakin' holiday.
I sincerely apologise.

The one thing I want to say to everyone is that this decision wasn't made by just three people, but was one made by all four. It wasn't because of hating all of those who have supported us, or because of not wanting to do a live. I hope you understand that the decision was made by all four based on KAJI's opinion2, whose last day in breakin' holiday will be March 25, with all the fans in mind.
Live performances after April 6 are scheduled, but I'd like to go over them carefully with the members and then decide.

--

From Juri's Twitter (March 21, 2020):

I am thankful for everyone who has supported us.
I'm moving forward without fear of change.
I look forward to your support of breakin' holiday hereafter.

--

From Juri's Twitter (March 21, 2020):

If I have the chance to do a live with KAJI again,
I'll do my best to make it fun to make up for this time.



--------------



From Hiroaki Sakai's Twitter (March 25, 2020):

Today was a special day which was the second anniversary live celebration and KAJI's departure.
Against all humanity I wanted to hold the live, but he said that we should cancel it in consideration of the health of all the fans.
I felt a strong will for words that I could never say3.
I think it's the most loved answer to breakin' holiday.
Everyone who wanted to show KAJI out at the venue may feel frustrated or other emotions, but I hope you understand this.

At the lives from April, I hope I can meet everyone with a smile.

Thank you until now, KAJI!

The breakin' holiday that was raised by 4 people will continue to grow from now on!!



--------------



From Aggy's Twitter (March 25, 2020):

I had fun in breakin' holiday's form so far.
Thank you very much.

--

From Aggy's Twitter (March 26, 2020):

I don't think our management is ill-conceived. On the contrary, I think it is the exact opposite. Here, Kacchan and I didn't see eye to eye.
Kacchan was the best music partner. But, I thought we had to part ways.
The passionate Kacchan was the best. Thank you until now.



***
Sources:
OHP Statement
KAJI's Twitter statement
Juri's Twitter statement 1, 2, 3
Hiroaki Sakai's statement
Aggy's statement 1, 2

Translator's Notes:
1Transfer live, in this context, I presume to mean transitioning from KAJI to the new (or support) drummer. Kind of like a send-off.
2KAJI has been active on Twitter commenting about COVID-19 and its seriousness, so it appears that he has been very concerned about everyone's safety.
3Initially I thought this was a very negative connotation, but upon reflection and in the whole context, I think Sakai is referring to things he wanted to say to the fans, something like gratitude or apologies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PHY Vol.9 [NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST] - Hiro