geki ROCK x HMV [WHITEOUT Explanation] - NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST



Preface: Around the release of NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST'S "WHITEOUT" EP, geki ROCK and HMV released a short explanation of all songs on the CD from Cazqui. There are some interesting, and some not-so-surprising things he's said about these songs, so I hope you enjoy!




All songs' explanation text by Cazqui (7-strings)


1. Solstice
The sound reverberation invites you into the world of midwinter.
I thought it would be good to be frozen in the ice.
Oh, this is a nice flash!
Like that, you won't ever lose. Maybe.
It's no good just to worry about memory.
Because I'll die, and you will, too.
Be good, just take a little sleep while frozen.
Guitar is the main component of the echo.
To what extent does it repeat?
A long time? Will it be forever?

2. WHITEOUT
Welcome to the main story.
Welcome~ Our shop is a snowscape.
This guide is only for sleepy guests.
Just now, half is true and half is false.
In a white-dyed world, let's try to scrape in our last days, I don't think like that actually.
Well, what is it, that disbelieving look?
No no, I don't think that at all.
Ah, there are clear footprints in the snow fields.
Oh, this is a nice flash!
I have a white canvas. Unlimited drawing.
I actually thought I'd do something before falling asleep.
I got it, I'll stay up all night. Is it okay to eat sushi?
I'd ask for 5,000 servings of fatty tuna of drop E tuning.
The thunderous roar of a snow tempest, a shock of white. If you die, it's everyone.

3. Live to Die -Rearrange Ver.-
Perfectly neo-ethnic. The draft was proposed by Masa.
The ones who killed a guitarist's ancestors who played like Cazqui, it seems they were the people who attacked incessantly with a great tuning like this.
It feels like a revival. It could be heavier than that, though.
"Oh, Cazqui also likes this, maybe I'm also something like a half-guitarist."
Just as drafter Masa said "I want to put in a solo this time," I was taken over by the ghosts of guitarists who'd been slaughtered about 20 years ago.
So-called sweep-tapping, high-speed legato, cricket playing style, and kill-switching
It's a heaping pile of high-class sushi ingredients.
I think it's one of the best plays in my career. I thank the ghosts.
No matter what happens, I will live to become obsolete.

4. 無義道 Mugidou
A passionate ballad. Draft by Daichi. It's full of his good qualities.
The lyrics are vocalist Hiro's introspective world view, and are sung alongside the melodious melody.
It's done in a literary style that you can easily hear the first time.
On the contrary, the main ingredient is a narcotic extracted from flowers grown only in the underground of the world.
I hope you'll enjoy the rich variety of each instrument group.
The solo of this piece is no longer a "guitar solo," but it may be better called a "guitar orchestration."
I think it's like a solo like a large collection of CZQ (Cazqui)-like oriental sounds.
It would be the highest honour if that splendor could be associated with this song.



***
Translator's Notes: Cazqui's Japanese is very hard to understand. Any time I've heard him speak in person, he's been difficult to understand. His written Japanese is easier to understand by a lot, but he still has a unique way of expressing himself.
Regarding the song explanation, it reads to me as if he's making a commentary while listening to each track, so that may be the best way to read these comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PHY Vol.9 [NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST] - Hiro