ZEAL LINK [LILITH] Comment DVD - breakin' holiday

Preface: I've finally finished translating these comment DVDs and CDs, so I have quite a few lined up. In total, for LILITH, there were seven, all available from different shops. It was a bit expensive, but I'm happy to support this great band!




Juri: Hello, everyone who purchased the CD at ZEAL LINK. It's nice to meet you, we are breakin' holiday! I'm the vocalist, Juri.

Sakai: I'm the guitarist, Sakai.

Aggy: I'm the bassist, Aggy.

KAJI: I'm the drummer, KAJI.

Juri: Our first single, LILITH, was released for sale on May 23rd! Thank you~ Well, I think for a first single, it's a CD we were able to put our all into. I think it'd be good to see what the members think of the result. What do you think, Sakai?

Sakai: Well, I think those who have seen this have already listened to it, but… if you listen to LILITH, you'll become impatient in wanting to go to a live. Since it's done quite intensely, I think we were able to make something for you to want to listen to a lot and go to lives.

Juri: Thank you. Then, what do you think, KAJI?

KAJI: Oh, I thought Juri was wonderful. Both [songs] are great. Really great.

Everyone: (laughs)

Juri: Do you have a slight cold? Just a little bit, eh.

KAJI: Well… after the live, your sweat gets cool, right? Isn't the next day awful?

Juri: The next day is terrible. It is, isn't it? I see. Then, even with a cold, don't you still have the power to kick around?

KAJI: That's right, yes, yes.

Juri: You do?

KAJI: That's right.

Juri: I think so.

KAJI: Yes, yes.

Juri: Right.

KAJI: It's a song I wrote for Juri.1

Juri: I see. Thank you. Well, it's like that. Then, how about Aggy?

Aggy: What, about LILITH?

Juri: Yes, what do you think about the single?

Aggy: Yeah, well, Juri already showed it but, the second song YUMMY was written by him. Making a song like this, if you make it while thinking that you've come up with something you've never seen before, then at the lives it takes a special position.

Juri: Oh, that may be.

Aggy: So as a single, doesn't it seem like a good balance of the two songs?

Juri: That's right. I think that as a first single, it's a piece that can be used in place of business cards.2 Well, also about LILITH, it's a song that's really simple, and even though it's intense, I think you can listen to it properly. KAJI made it. And the second song, YUMMY, I think it's become a song with a great world view. From my perspective in listening, even though we used auto-tuning in [it]3, it has an A melody. A bit more than clean songs, we use more of a modern, or relatively Western style. It feels a little kero-esque.4 I don't think people use it very much it in this scene. Me too, rather than just telling such songs, I really like making such songs with this kind of outlook on the world, so this time I decided to use autotune for YUMMY while we were in the middle of making it. Well, for the time being, I'm really happy we could do something like this and show it to everyone! So with that feeling, well, it's only one piece so far,

KAJI & Aggy: (laughs) Only!

Juri: Well, just this one piece isn't sufficient, right? We're going to make more noise, and have more fun live activities with everyone. breakin' holiday has gotten bigger, so I think we have to.

Aggy: No, we will!

Juri: Well, we look forward to your continued support in the future. Thank you so much for purchasing LILITH. So coming up there are live activities for the summer, and we'd like to do more things that will meet everyone's anticipation. We'd like it if you check our homepage and come out to the lives and have fun with us. Like that, thank you again for purchasing a copy.

Aggy: Thank you!

Juri: So, let's meet at a live! This was breakin' holiday! Bye bye!




***
Translator's Notes:
Generally, they used a lot of filler words, that could be translated into "uhm," "well," "so," etc., but it makes for an unnatural reading, so I cut out most of them and kept only what felt most appropriate for an easier read.
1Here, KAJI's talking about the title track, LILITH, which he wrote the music to.
2In Japan, when meeting someone for the first time -especially in the business world- it's custom to exchange business cards. It's such a common practice, that it's seen to be extremely embarrassing if you don't have a card to exchange.
3Aggy repeated saying, "The second song, YUMMY," and I found that to be redundant, so I rephrased.
4This comes from an onomatopoeia in Japanese, ケロケロ (kerokero) or ゲロゲロ (gerogero), which is typically the sound a frog makes. In YUMMY, they used autotune on Juri's voice in some parts, and it's given an almost croak-like quality, like a frog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PHY Vol.9 [NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST] - Hiro