Song Commentary - breakin' holiday

Preface: With the second press of LILITH and the Special Edition CD (with LILITH and FANTASIA) that breakin' holiday was selling on March 30, they included a QR-code and URL to their new lyric and commentary site. 'Lyric' has been unfortunately misspelled two different ways in the CD jacket and on the site.





LILITH
Juri
A song that can be called breakin' holiday's business card.
I want you to hear the clean voice of the hook from A melody, and B melody shouts.

Sakai Hiroaki
The title track for breakin' holiday's first single is also familiar at lives.
I made a wall with my favourite guitar by playing unison guitar from the left and right.
Everyone, shake your head and scream at the lives!

Aggy
Let me write about the lyrics simply.
It's about anguish. The protagonist is a frog in the well.1
It could be that the moon was something created.

KAJI
Not for myself, I wrote this song for Juri and breakin' holiday.
It's a song that showcases how a heavy sound matches with Juri's pop singing voice.
I'd also like you to pay attention to the unison of the instrumentation.
The point is listening to everything.

YUMMY
Juri
A song made with only simple riffs.
I wanted a song like this, so I made it.

Sakai Hiroaki
A song showcasing Juri's playful nature.
The whole song is composed of the same triple riff, and shows the rock side of breakin' holiday. I think you can feel it.
By the way, the guitar sound on the left is Juri's playing.
Put your hands up!!

Aggy
People feel hurt when they realise their own cruelty.
When eating, you should pay your respect to the earth. Isn't that right?

KAJI
The most difficult is a song being effective with a slow groove like this.
I did a lot of practice to make this song a Thing! lol
I want you to raise your hands and listen in high spirits at the lives.

FANTASIA
Juri
A standard live song
The best song to convey the feeling of excitement

Hiroaki Sakai
The intro riff is my favourite from the second single's title track, which was put together with a Djent guitar approach.
I still clearly remember that KAJI told me to put in a riff late at night.
It's a song that when we play live, seeing everyone's smiling face makes me happy.
Run wild while moshing!

Aggy
It's like an awakening. If it exceeds the speed of sound, it seems suitable for a world that's silent.
Beke-bebeben.2

KAJI
I wrote this with a totally different melody than LILITH.
This kind of powerful, straight direction is also suitable for Juri!
And, I asked Sakai, "Make a cool intro riff!" It's really cool. lol
The bass following the intro is also the best.
It's a song that amps up live.

Voice
Juri
It's a crazy song whose driving force is the focus.
I feel relief when entering the melody's hook. lol

Hiroaki Sakai
A song which attacks with metal core playing.
It's an arrangement which feels like the simple approach of breakin' holiday while entwining the guitars on the left and right, and pierces through the hook.
Deciding the A backing melody riff in unison with Aggy feels great.
Burn up, everyone!

Aggy
All of the lyrics except the shouting part in the interlude are Juri's creation.
I think they are words that are Juri-like, expressing conflict in a blunt manner.

KAJI
I wanted to write a heavy, fast-hitting song to fire you up.
It looks like I was riding on something like metal core tracks. lol
We often play this at the end of the live, so check it carefully.



***

Source:
breakin' Lylic site

Translator's Notes:
1This comes from a Japanese proverb, 井の中の蛙大海を知らず I no naka no kawazu taikai wo shirazu (Aggy used only the first part, 井の中の蛙 I no naka no kawazu, which merely functions as an abbreviation). The full proverb translates to, "The frog in the well knows nothing of the great ocean," but essentially what it boils down to is someone ignorant of the real world; having a narrow world-view on a limited personal experience.
2This isn't actually a word, but like a sound-effect, moreorless mimicking the rhythm of the song.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PHY Vol.9 [NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST] - Hiro